Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The writing food chain...who is top dog?

It's rare in my experience that the proof reader gets much thanks for working on a text. How does the food chain work out? Writer -> top plaudits, and deservedly so. Editor -> Normally an honourable mention? Proof reader -> If you're lucky, and we remember who you are...!

Anyway, recently my work volume has upped a few notches and it really puts a smile on my face when I get feedback from clients, remembering that a lot of work comes client - agency - me, end of the line. So when a client specifically says thanks to the proof reader for getting that text just right, it really made a difference to the final presentation, I go to bed a happy man and with more drive and determination to keep going on this one man business route.

No comments: